Manning Construction Ltd recognise our responsibilities for the environment and are committed to working towards minimising the environmental impacts of our organisational activities.
We have introduced and maintain an environmental management system (EMS) using ISO 14001:2015 as the framework within which to implement, evaluate and improve our
The scope of our EMS is documented as “Construction: Design and build, including: civil engineering, building contracting, construction design management (CDM).”
To meet our environmental goals, we have set the following seven high-level objectives:
1. Top Management shall take accountability for the effectiveness of the EMS.
2. We shall proactively fulfil our compliance obligations through protecting the environment and preventing pollution. In part, we will achieve this by will complying with
relevant environmental legislation and endeavouring to stay ahead of proposed legislation by implementing the best industry practice wherever this is practical.
3. We will work towards improvement in our environmental performance by the conservation of energy and natural resources, preventing pollution, the reduction, and
where possible, the elimination of emissions, nuisances and waste.
4. Our strategy is, wherever practicable to follow the EU Waste Framework Directive (Directive 2008/98/EC) five step process for dealing with waste; Prevention, Reuse,
Recycle, Recovery, and Disposal.
5. Demonstrate continual improvement by the setting and monitoring of realistic environmental objectives and targets at suitable levels within our organisation.
6. In all of these areas, management will take the lead in providing the commitment and focus to empower our employees to make the maximum contribution to improving
7. We will provide the relevant information, training and resources necessary to enable all employees whose work has a potential environmental impact to make the maximum
contribution to achieving business objectives and targets.